Tuesday, November 27, 2012

DVC DT Challenge 46 - Non Traditional Christmas Card

Hi everyone,

Firstly I just wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes. I am feeling much better now.

The latest Dream Valley Challenge was creating a non-traditional Christmas card, and it certainly was a challenge, especially not using the traditional green and red colours.

I saw this card at the Hero Arts site, http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2011/12/01/new-december-contest-november-round-2-winners/ and I was inspired.


I used a piece of kraft card stock and matted it with a piece of white cardstock, both of which had the edges distressed. I took a piece of manilla cardstock and used Stormy Sky, Mustard Seed, Evergreen Bough, Milled Lavender and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks and covered the paper.

I then cut a piece of acrylic packaging to size and ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing folder with snowflakes on it. This was adhered over the distressed cardstock using small silver brads. I highlighted some of the snowflakes with Diamond Stickles and popped some diamantes into the centres.

I cut out a flourish from a Tim Holtz die using kraft paper and finished it off with a piece of chiffon ribbon and a tag.

Be sure to head over to Dream Valley Challenges to check out the other DT designs, and other entries!

I am entering this into:


Hugs,
Louise xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louise - I love the stunning effect of the colours on your card ... gives the impression of the Northern Lights (just like on The Snowman DVD!). Thanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time in our "Christmas" challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete