I am so excited to present my first project as a DT member of the Dream Valley Challenge Blog. Challenge 43 is Halloween.
We don't celebrate Halloween in Australia, although stores are steadily starting to stock the usual paraphernalia that accompanies the occasion. So this challenge did, in fact, challenge me which was great! I was able to put to use some characters/shapes on my Cricut cartridges, and try some new techniques.
I decided to make a tag rather than a card, as I don't really think Halloween is the kind of 'holiday' that really necessitates a card (but that's just me!)
I cut the tag from the Wrap it Up Cartridge using manilla cardstock that I had left over for my hubby's 30th birthday party invites (It is a Mission: Impossible theme with little dossiers as the invite!), so I have a heap of these left over.
(http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/faux_leather_with_masking_tape/). I used Antique Linen, Forest Moss, Dusty Concord and Black Soot Distress Inks to ink up the tape, which I then coated in clear embossing powder. I did find the embossing powder flaked a little, but it added to the spooky feel of the tag!
I used some...I'm not sure what it's called!....white mesh in the background which I accordion-folded and round the edges to make them uneven.
The flower is cut from the Mother's Day bouquet cartridge, which I layered, embellished with silver/purple ink and silver stickles with a black multifaceted bead as a centre. The spiders were cut from the Wrap It Up cartridge and were embossed with Wow Neutral Ultra Shimmer embossing powder. The curly flourishes are from the Storybook Cricut cartridge. The "boo" and the bat were originally joined, from the Wrap It Up Cricut cartridge, but I separated them and embossed them with black embossing powder. It was the first time I've ever used it, and I must say, it looks amazing!
I will be entering this gem into:
- 2 Sisters Challenge #113 - Anything Goes
- A and T Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog #33 - Flowers
- A Gem of a Challenge #57 - Flowers
- Allsorts Challenge Blog #176 - Too Cute to Spook
- Crafts for Eternity Challenge #93 - Ugly Bug Ball
- Creative Craft Challenge 2 - Fun with Fantasy
- Cute Card Thursday Challenge #238 - Paper Piercing
- Deep Ocean Challenge #36 - Anything Goes
- Hooked on Craft Challenge #35 - Halloween
- Dis Digi Design Challenge - Too Cute to Spook
- Lexi's Challenges #76 - Halloween
- Sparkles Monthly Challenge #37 - Halloween
- Stampin' for the weekend - Challenge # 19 - Feelin' Spooky