Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dream Valley Challenge #44 - Glitter and Bling

Happy Halloween everyone (in the Southern Hemisphere at least!),

I've had a shocking two weeks following my husbands 30th birthday party with our carpet getting pulled up in one our bedrooms and half of the hallway. Apparently when our house was being built pieces of steel were accidentally pushed through our main plumbing pipe, so toilet tissue and waste were getting caught on these, causing a build up of water which was backing up our en suite toilet, shower and basin. So finally after seven months, they came and ripped up our carpet and dug into our foundation and fixed it. We still have two gaping holes in one the bedroom, and they are coming tomorrow to refill the cement thank god! So my craft room is chaotic with rolls of carpet and underlay plus boxes of stuff from when we cleaned out the garage, and poor Hubby had to move everything from his study including his PC, which is now set up haphazardly next to the pool table! To top it all off, I have gotten a nasty cold which I can't seem to kick, and work is crazy busy!

So this weeks challenge at Dream Valley was a little tight to finish, but finish I did! Using one of Sassy Studio Designs sexy images, I came up with this beauty for the Glitter and Bling challenge:


I coloured her with distress inks, and added some fine glitter to her outfit and shoes, along with some glossy accents to her lips.

The paper is from my recycled stash and is from the 'Chantilly' collection. I punched some holes and black eyelets using my new crop-o-dile II and criss-crossed some black satin ribbon through. I also added black and light pink feathers, and made my own bling flourish using a piece of acetate and a flourish die from Tim Holtz.

I'm entering this into:

Have a great one everyone, and be sure to head over to Dream Valley Challenges to check out the other DT designs and fantastic entries!

Hugs,
Louise.

PS. To our east coast US friends, please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card!
    The image is so well colored... and the embellishments so original (love the feather)!
    Thanks for joining us this week in our challenge at Digi Makeover :)
    Ardilla (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love how you made her outfit sparkle, and your layers!
    Thank you for joining the Digi Makeover Challenge.
    Ruza ~ DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Louise, thanks for joining us at AGOAC.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete