Sunday, September 9, 2012

Going dotty

Happy Sunday everyone!

Wow this weekend certainly has gone quickly. My dad asked me to make a card for a work colleague who is celebrating her birthday at the end of the month. He asked for something especially girly "with all the trimmings" and this is what I came up with. It's definitely a departure from my usual style, and I was worried I went a bit overboard, but in the end, both my dad and I were happy with the result.

I used Saturated Canary digi stamp "Jules" by Krista Smith. She is coloured using distress inks on Arches 300gsm cold press watercolour paper. Her shoes are covered with glossy accents, and embellished with white opal Liquid Pearls. Her pretty bow is embellished with a flatback self-adhesive pearl.

The designer paper is from Sugar and Spice Studio, called "Chantilly". I used the polka dots, and the stripes pattern.

The die cut is from Mpress. The oval black felt frame is from the Jenni B Collection and is embellished with rhinestones. The roses are from I Am Roses, and are make into a spray using beading wire in a tutorial I watched by CreativeKelly4rmCali (Link here). They are accented using Diamond Stickles. I made a bow using black seam binding and white tuille, and there is also some pretty fuchsia coloured satin ribbon from American Crafts there too.

The scalloped border punch is from EK Success, and is accented using white opal Liquid Pearls, and there is a black feather hiding in the left corner.

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Have a great week everyone!

~ Lou xoxo

PS. Just a reminder that Craft Your Passions Challenge Blog is hosting a blog hop this Friday, 14th September. If would be great if you could all join in, as I will be hosting my very first ever blog candy! The journey starts here: http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.com.au/

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at SC Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous and I love the pretty, feminine touches you've used. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is super - love the colouring

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card hun! Love your pinks and blacks. Thanks for joining in our Saturated Canary challenge and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!!I loved this pink and black combination.Lovely image.Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Louise loving the hot pink and black combo on you card and such a sweet image!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card. Thanks for joining our "Dotty" challenge on Saturated Canary Challenge Blog.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful project! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete