Saturday, July 28, 2012

Art and Creativity

Happy Saturday everyone!

It's been a bit of a crazy week for me. I was asked by our lead curator to make a card for our producer who, after two years, is leaving our project to focus on an upcoming blockbuster exhibition.

I was having a bit of trouble coming up with concept that would suit her personality. I came across this pic on Pinterest. Sorry I don't have the details! There is a watermark in the top left corner, but I can't make it out. If anyone knows the original artist, please let me know.


And here is my interpretation:

Recipe Card:

Stamps: 'Bonjour' from KaiserCraft (butterfly); 'French Market' from the Tim Holtz Collection from Visual Artistry (Artist sentiment); 'Regal Flourish' from the Tim Holtz Collection from Visual Artistry (flourish).

Paper: 'Precious Moments' from KaiserCraft

Embellishments: bakers twine from 'Typo'; seafoam white embossing powder; love heart punch from Fiskers; beaded flourishes from my stash; large paper doily.

It's been a while since I entered any challenges, since I've been busy with work and participating as a guest member of the Craft Your Passion Design Team for July. As such, I've decided to proverbially get my feet wet again :)

Challenges:
 Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Lou xoxox

4 comments:

  1. Your gift bag is darling. I like it better than the original! Love your papers you've used. The doily makes a great addition to the background! Love your butterfly and the rosettes with the hearts in the centers. Very cute! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and simple and absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, perfect for a friend. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up this week. Hugs, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. A darling card! i love the rosette flower... ! Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete