Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Shabby Chic Mother's Day pressie

Hi everyone.

I hope everyone's Wednesday is going well. I am coming down with a cold unfortunately, but I got some good news today which made me feel a little better. I made top three in the April 2012 Whimsie Doodles Challenge!!! Although ultimately I wasn't the final winner, I did get a cool blinkie to pop onto my sidebar (on the right), and since it was my first challenge, I'm feeling pretty happy about it!



And now, onto my next project...

Since Mother's Day is around the corner, I wanted to make my mum something special to show her how important she is to me. I got some inspiration from the wonderful gals at youtube: Leeanne at LuvLeeScrappin (check out her blog: http://luvleescrappin.blogspot.com.au/) and Juliana (IluvVintageScrap). These ladies are seriously talented, and I am always turning to their channels for inspiration. In fact, the little ruffled ribbon flowers featured on today's project, I learnt from Leeanne's tutorial, see below for a link.



Recipe Card:
Paper: DCWV 'The Luxury Stack'; small paper doily
Embellishment: Scalloped flower lace; small pearl chain; dusty pink satin ribbon; cream coloured tuille; white feathers, KaiserCraft pink ice pearl brad
Stamp: 'Charlotte's Dream' by KaiserCraft stamped in 'Timber Brown' StazOn ink

Handmade Ruffled Flower tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DRSAfA17KY&list=PL99A0FC7F4E9B05B5&feature=plcp

Challenges:

Please be sure to check out these blogs for challenges and inspiration, and these wonderful youtube sites for plenty of tutorials, inspiration and genuinely beautiful works.

Have a great day! 
xox Lou

7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, absolutely lovely, thanks for playing with us at the Papercrafting Journey, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Louise. Wow, this is so pretty. Love the colours and all the details and textures, so much greatness to look at. Very classy.
    Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty vintage project love the use of the ribbon lace & feathers.

    Thanks fro joining us at Lexi's Creations

    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous! Love the embellishments!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful and very different, I love it. Thank you for joining us at A & T Digital Designs (EFG) xoxo Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is stunning, love all the detail on your tag.. so elegant. Thank you for joining us at Emerald Fairies this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of lace and ribbon, this is simply gorgeous, love it. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's this week!

    ReplyDelete