Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rolled Flower Heart

Happy Thursday everyone!

As my mother-in-law is overseas at the moment, and we gave her her Mother's Day present already, I can finally reveal her card. This one was a labour of love, and although I liked the design, I probably won't do it again. It was quite fiddly (featuring 29 hand rolled flowers) and time intensive - I spent two full days doing it (not to mention burning myself a couple of times of the hot glue gun!). On the upside, I did get to use a lot of my scrap paper and she did love it. Makes it so much more worthwhile when people appreciate your handmade cards and gifts.



Recipe:
Papers: Various
Embellishment: cream pearls; silver cord

Challenges:
Thanks everyone, and have a great day!
xoxox Lou
 

9 comments:

  1. This is so cool. Love the layout and how you have made the heart. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how much work this would have involved, but what a great result! I bet your mother-in-law loved it! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very striking. Truly gorgeous & well worth the hard work. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an amazing creation for your mum, I bet she was bowled over! Love your rolled flower heart, simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Love this Lou, it's absolutely gorgeous, fabulous colours.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are more ambitious than me! Wow! Well worth the effort-it's gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such a beautiful card, you must have lots of patience to roll so many roses. Stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card!!! Lots of work!!! Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Craft!! Good Luck !!! Cheers Michelle

    ReplyDelete