Friday, May 18, 2012

Crafty Ann's Challenge Top 3

Hi everyone,

Been a bit slack this week in card making as work is flat out. But here is my week so far:

  1. I attended a traditional Australian aboriginal welcome / smoking ceremony this week as we had a Yulendj community reference group for our project. Yulendj is a Wurundjeri word for "knowledge" (Wurundjeri is a Victorian aboriginal language group, located around Port Phillip bay where the city of Melbourne is). It was very inspiring and the smell of smoke brought back a lot of memories from my childhood spent at our holiday house. Even though I'm of non-aboriginal descent, it just shows that there are things that transcend cultural divides.
  2. My sister has decided she liked my card so much for my niece's christening, that they are now the invitations...but with pink ribbon instead of white.
  3. Was up very late on a work night watching BBC's North and South on youtube. Richard Armitage is very yummy might I say! 
  4. My little pandamonium card won top 3 at Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog!!! So exciting!

Have a great weekend everyone!

xoxo Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment