Friday, April 20, 2012

My First Ever Challenge Entry!!!

Hi all,

I am super excited! I have decided to try my hand at some card challenges.

I am entering:

The Whimsie Doodles April 2012 Monthly Challenge. The theme is Choose Your Own Adventure and I have chosen C:  Use an office supply AND lined paper on your project. As you can see below I have chosen a round/bulldog clip as my office supply, and added my sentiment on lined paper.

The Sketch and Stash Challenge 85. I am happy to be using my newest stash item which is the papers from Authentique (I brought them today as I loved the colours!) and my most neglected stash item is the round/bulldog clip. I brought these for $2 from my local variety store and haven't really found a project to use them on. So thanks Whimsie Doodles for the challenge!

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 213 Metallica! which features cards/creations that have a metal item on them, mine being the little heart brads and the round/bulldog clip.

AND

My Craft Spot - Monday Challenge #52 - Make It Pop! (I used dimensionals to raise both the butterfly circle and my little pencil pixie.)






Recipe Card:

Image: Pencil Pixie from Whimsie Doodles coloured with Distress Inks
Sentiment: 'Thinking of You' mini clear stamps from KaiserCraft.
Paper: Celebrate Collection from Authentique 
Embellishments: Red satin ribbon; red chiffon ribbon; silver round/bulldog clip; small silver heart brads
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Butterflies Circles


Please be sure to head over to these wonderful blogs to check out past challenges, other entries, and of course, the amazing stamps and layouts on offer!

Have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

  1. just loving your card love the colouring so glad you joined us at SnS this week
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Daniele. It's so exciting to be apart of the action, rather than just observing as I have been doing in the past!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely card.
    Great colour combo, papers and image and that bulldog clip looks fabulous.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great job, love your design also your digi's, So fab this cards!

    Kim

    Please Visit my challenge blog at Digidarla.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first challenges???!!! Well I am glad you did not wait any longer :>) Your card is super cute - great colors and what a way to incorporate the lined paper into the card!
    So glad you joined in the fun at Whimsie Doodles this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for all your lovely comments! It's so inspiring to get such great feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Julie, what a gorgeous card! I love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card!!! I love the little office clip! Thanks so much for joining us this month over on the Whimsie Doodles Blog for the "Choose Your Own Adventure Challenge!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a great challenge which inspired me to use some of my more neglected pieces of stash!

      Delete
  8. Your first ever challenge entry is a keeper! Love the bright colors here. So glad you could play along with us on Whimsie Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Card! Love to see that you used a Bulldog Clip. Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsie Doodles!

    Marlene
    Whimsie Doodles DT

    ReplyDelete