Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Heart Easter

As I've gotten older, Easter has become less of an event for my family. I asked my family not to buy any chocolate eggs this year as they either all get eaten and go straight to my hips or end up in the pantry until next Easter, and I in turn, did not buy them anything.

My dad, sneaky thing that he is, asked me to order my mum's Easter present from Amazon this year. As such, I ordered it, paid for it, picked it up, and wrapped it. Suffice it to day, I couldn't do all this and NOT make a card!

So here it is, using the free digital stamp from the wonderful world of Whimsie Doodles, which can be found here: http://www.whimsiedoodles.com/freebies.html

I was a bit disappointed with the way her hair came out, as I was using a different application, but alas practice makes perfect. She is coloured using distress inks in pretty yellows and blues which is a refreshing change for me, as I tend to stick to purples and pinks.I decided to make an easel card which I really don't do enough of but always turn out amazing. The sentiment is from Desert Diva found here: http://desertdiva-hannelie.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/easter-sentiments.html


Hope you all had a lovely Easter. Now to work off that chocolate....

No comments:

Post a Comment